Friday, June 1, 2012

You Can’t Please ‘Em All

I get hundreds of emails every time I post a new blog, with writers expressing opinions in alignment with and in direct contrast to the things I write.  My only regret is that I don’t have the time to answer each one individually.

One of the things that intrigues me are the people who insist that I focus strictly on one subject or another instead of the broad range of themes I like to write about.

Some readers would prefer that I stick with the inspirational side of my brain, along the lines of blogs like “I Met a Man On a Journey” or “Creating an Oprah Moment”.

Others prefer my more serious side with entries like “Syria and the Elephant in the Room” or entries that conspiracy-focused people enjoy, such as the blog “Something Wicked This Way Comes”.

Occasionally, I get to express a serious topic with a sense of humor, as I did with “The Tyranny of Secrecy” or “Conspiracies and the Attraction of Redaction”.

Many times I ache to tell more interesting stories from my professional capacity but I cannot for a variety of personal and professional reasons.

What Motivates Me

There’s a reason why I enjoy expressing such contrasting themes.

I believe that the world is filled with unlimited potential, unlimited beauty and the possibility of unlimited sharing and love.  When I feel overwhelmed with these feelings and the possibilities I see in the world, I naturally write about them.

That being said, I believe that such beauty and unlimited potential can be destroyed unless we invest the energy to protect it. 

It would be nice if the world only contained uber-intelligent, all-loving, unselfish people who aren’t driving agendas for personal gain at the expense of others.

However, in the serious world that I live in, I have had many opportunities to witness people who, if allowed to proceed with their personal agendas, would diminish the unlimited potential that we have on this planet.  When I see such people, I feel called to write about them, their intentions and their potential negative impact.

I don’t want people to think the way I do.

I just want them to think.

Taking Things For Granted

Our right and ability to live in a world of unlimited potential is not something we should take for granted.

When we take it for granted, we may wake up some day and discover that it vanished while we “looked the other way” or we ignored the “flashing warning lights”.

And so we should do what we can to promote, highlight and cherish the beauty all around us while at the same time, avoid embracing a Pollyanna viewpoint that if we ignore the evil around us, it will simply vanish or cease to exist.

As in the corporate world I live in, our greatest hopes, dreams and intentions aren’t dashed by what we are aware of.  They are destroyed by what we choose to ignore or by that which we shrug off as not important enough to understand at the moment.

I write about subjects that move my heart.

I write about what makes the world the beautiful place it is.

I write about what makes human beings the wonderful creatures that we are.

And I write about who or what has the potential to destroy our potential if we aren’t paying attention.

That’s why I like to bring a smile to your face on some days, to make you cry on others and to make you angry on occasion.

Because when I have done that, I have made you think.

And when I have made you think, my mission has been accomplished.

Closing Musing - Bilderberg Meetings

A number of people familiar with my background and my connections to people in Opus Dei, the Bilderberg Group  and other such groups have asked me for my thoughts on the Bilderberg meetings taking place in Virginia this weekend.   After all, groups like this attract conspiracy people and conspiracy people “know the truth is out there” and for some reason, they feel that I can help them find this truth.

And yes, in my official capacity on Wall St., I even worked for members of the Mafia at different points.  Wall St. has stranger stuff going on than one will see reported in the news and besides, these people have real jobs also. :-)

And so with a nod to the people who have asked for my thoughts about how the Bilderberg Group is taking over the world, I offer a snippet of the agenda for this weekend’s Bilderberg meetings:

1. The Roswell UFO crash of 1947 and the impact on pan-galactic seatbelt laws.

2. Alien abduction and the introduction of a less intrusive, more enjoyable probe.

3. Big oil and its evil intention to supply us with what we are demanding anyway.

4. Fast food and the need to make each of us 1000 pounds so that we can produce more energy for the Matrix.

5. The imminent destruction of the Milky Way Galaxy as we collide with the Andromeda Galaxy in 4 billion years and the call by retailers to get our Christmas shopping done earlier as a result.

6. The destruction of the soundstage in Nevada that for some reason, curiously resembles the surface of the Moon.

7. The 2012 theory, its positive impact on the publishing, new age and pharmaceutical industries and the need to find a new cause to keep those industries thriving.

8. The demise of Research in Motion and how to stem the tide of RIM jokes.

9. Making Air Canada a profitable airline.

Yeah … you caught me.

I don’t believe #9 is possible either.

And by the way, Elvis will be wrapping up the weekend with a concert of his favorite hits.

The world is a beautiful place.

But it stays that way when we make a conscious choice to keep it that way and we don’t waste our time, energy, money and unlimited potential on that which doesn’t matter.

In service and servanthood,

Harry

2 comments:

  1. I have no business telling anyone how to properly write a blog. However, speaking as a huge fan and reader of you and your blog, your diversity is one of the things that gives you credibility with me. Through your post I know that you think things out, look at as many sides as you can and don't take yourself to seriously. This is exactly what I want in a blog and you are exactly the type of author I want to read. Sorry if I'm laying it on a bit thick, but it's the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kindness, Nathan. :-)

    ReplyDelete