Thursday, November 27, 2014

Menopause - The Downfall of Mankind?

It's okay to talk about birth, okay - then menstruation. I first started my advocacy for women's health in the field of reproductive freedom, and the next stage would be bringing menopause out of the closet. - Cybill Shepherd

This blog post is a huuuuuuuuuge departure from my typical content for this blog.  However, after a conversation with someone who has had some serious struggles with menopause, I was struck by the lack of serious dialog and information regarding serious menopause issues, thus producing deep ramifications for many people in the areas of relationships and society-at-large.

The content that follows was extracted from actual information sent to me by this person and I adapted it for this blog post.

The primary content is raw and unedited and for this reason, is not contained on this page.  Click here to access the content and again, please note that the blog post is very raw (with mature language) as compared to what you are used to seeing here.

However, there is a need for more dialog around some of the more sensitive issues of menopause and for this reason, I present this #1206 blog post.

The #1206 “fiction” series continues …. click here to access the page (note the mature language warning).


To be continued.


© 2014 – Harry Tucker – All Rights Reserved

Background:

The information about how menopause clouds the conscious mind is documented and easily found with a Google search.

Research on the subconscious mind and the notion that it will seek to recreate its past as its present as a place of comfort (even to one’s detriment) has also been documented by many researchers.

In regards to the person who contacted me looking for a voice, her struggle with menopause and the strain created on her relationship is genuine.  The notes that she provided to me go into much deeper, more painful and more raw detail than I have included here.  Currently, the only options offered to her would be to go on antidepressants or consider hypnotherapy in an effort to alter her behavior, options that she doesn’t wish to pursue.

The ripple effect of what our positive or negative energy does to others has long been known as well.

I found the collision of all of these things to be irresistible, providing food for thought and perhaps encouraging conversation about the elephant in the room when it comes to menopause.

My blog now returns to its regularly scheduled programming. Smile

Series Origin:

This series, a departure from my usual musings,  is inspired as a result of conversations with former senior advisors to multiple Presidents of the United States, senior officers in the US Military and other interesting folks as well as my own professional background as a Wall St. / Fortune 25 strategy and large-scale technology architect.

While this musing is just “fiction” and a departure from my musings on technology, strategy, politics and society, as a strategy guy, I do everything for a reason and with a measurable outcome in mind. :-)

This “fictional” musing is a continuation of the #1206 series noted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment