Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Paradox of Our Progress

I saw this note by a social media friend today and it caused me to stop and reflect on how well (or not) we use the tools and knowledge at our disposal.

Question: If someone from the 1950’s suddenly appeared today, what would be the most difficult thing to explain to them about Life today?

Answer: I possess a device that fits in my pocket and that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it primarily to look at pictures of cats and get caught in arguments with strangers.

I won’t offer any analysis of this exchange.

I think it speaks volumes in terms of our potential and what we do (and don’t do) with it.

Are you living up to your potential?

How do you know?

In service and servanthood,

Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment